Why You Should Try Ginger and Turmeric Juice Shots
What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the words ginger or turmeric? You’re likely to imagine all of the information you’ve heard or read about their health benefits.
This would be exactly what we would want you to think about, because both of these natural compounds come with incredible health benefits, both in their own right. Today, you’re going to learn about all of these benefits, plus, more importantly, how you can reap them every single day.
Ginger and Turmeric: Powerful Health Elixirs
An interesting fact about ginger and turmeric is that they are close relatives. If you look at both of these side-by-side, unless you spot the differences in colour, these two roots may be mistaken. Ginger has a golden yellow colour under it’s skin while turmeric is deeply orange.
Both ginger and turmeric have long been used in traditional and alternative medicine due to the many potential health benefits that they offer. While they may have some similar properties in that they both contain compounds that reduce inflammation, increase the antioxidant levels in the body, and both have benefits for the digestive system, each has a few unique benefits. Let’s see what they are:
- Ginger contains gingerol, the main active ingredient that is involved in its anti-inflammatory1 and antioxidant effects2
- Ginger has long been used to curb nausea that can be as a result of morning sickness associated with pregnancy, motion sickness, post-anaesthesia3 or even that which comes as a result of chemotherapy4.
- Another digestive benefit of ginger is that it helps to manage indigestion due to its effect in helping to improve the emptying of stomach contents reducing the risk of reflux and acidity5
- Ginger may help with weight management. Research shows that those who take daily doses of ginger have a lower BMI6 (body mass index) which may be related to its anti-inflammatory properties
- Again due to its anti-inflammatory properties, taking ginger may help with pain, stiffness and joint degeneration associated with osteoarthritis7
- May improve blood sugar regulation8 and help diabetics better manage their hemoglobin A1c, which is a marker of long term blood sugar levels9
- Taking ginger may ease menstrual pain, where studies have shown it to be just as effective at reducing the pain as those taking traditional pain-killers10
- Because of its antimicrobial effects in that it can effectively inhibit the function of certain types of bacteria11, it may help to reduce gum disease and even reduce the occurence of respiratory infections
As a ginger juice shot, these are all of the health benefits you can look forward to.
Many people report that ginger shots are very strong and spicy, and they find them difficult to drink. Fortunately, this ginger shot combines apple juice and acerola puree to not only add to the vitamin C content of the juice contributing 30% of your daily vitamin C required intake. As you know, vitamin C has a profound effect on the immune system, improving the defense against infections12, another benefit of adding this juice to your daily intake.
- Curcumin is the active compound in turmeric, and is the main reason for its health benefits
- Research has shown that due to its potent anti-inflammatory compounds, regular intake of curcumin may decrease the risk of heart disease, metabolic syndrome, degenerative conditions and anything else that is driven primarily by inflammation
- Holding onto your memories and being able to continue to learn every day is an essential part of life, which curcumin may protect through its effects on maintaining healthy levels of the brain protein called BDNF13
- Curcumin has been shown to reduce and even reverse the effects of heart disease and the processes that lead up to it14
- Additionally, because curcumin has blood thinning effects, it may reduce the risk of clotting, but it’s also the reason to check with your doctor if you can take turmeric shots, particularly if you’re on any type of medication15
- If you have pain and swelling in your joints as a result of arthritis, curcumin may help due to its anti-inflammatory properties16
Now it’s important to note that even though curcumin is the active ingredient in turmeric and is a main reason for most of its health benefits, it is typically poorly absorbed into the body through the digestive system. We have a solution for that!
With our turmeric shot there’s no denying you these health benefits: Our unique recipe includes black pepper, which contains the compound piperine that increases the absorption of curcumin by the digestive tract by 2000%17. The other ingredients in this juice pack additional power: Ginger juice is included in the mix, which means by drinking the turmeric juice, you’ll get all of the ginger benefits, too. That’s a lot, but it’s not all. Orange and lemon juice and acerola puree are additional ingredients, and while they may sound simple enough, they too come with health benefits. For one, just like in the ginger juice shot, they contribute to the 30% worth of your daily required intake of vitamin C. The other benefit is their flavour profile. Turmeric typically tastes very earthy, some even describing it as chalky. With the ginger, lemon and acerola puree, you don’t have to close your nose and drink it down. This healthy juice shot tastes pleasant and fresh.
Each of these 60ml bottles can be consumed just as they are or added to your favourite warm beverage. You can even add them to soups, stews or other liquids as you please.
Natureland is bringing you the opportunity to try both of these juice shots guaranteed to contain only the best quality ingredients that are suitable for use by the whole family. Which one do you think will be your favourite?