Natureland Avocado Oil 250ml
Avocado Oil Benefits and Uses
Avocados are praised to be from the healthiest foods in the world. The avocado tree (Persea Americana) is a native species from Mexico to Central America. Its fruit is very nutrient rich, high in antioxidants and loaded with healthy fats. The oil of avocado comes from the fruit pulp, and is one of the few edible oils not produced from a seed.
Nutrient Information on the Avocado
Avocado oil contains a high amount of healthy monounsaturated fats and alpha linolenic acid (ALA).
Avocado oil contains the vitamins A, C, E, D, and K along with vitamin B5, and B6. It also has the minerals, folate, magnesium, potassium. Studies have found it has more potassium than even bananas, which are known for their high content!
A research study published in 2019 in the Antioxidant Journal, reported the potential of avocado oil to prevent multiple diseases.
Key Benefits of Avocado Oil
- Oleic acid is a healthy fat, classified as a mono-saturated Omega 9 fatty acid. It reduces cholesterol by increasing the HDL, your good ratio of cholesterol, while at the same time decreasing LDL, the bad cholesterol ratio.
- Reduces symptoms of arthritis, both pain and stiffness of joints.
- High in Lutein and carotenoid antioxidants, which are good for the eyes and decrease chances of cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Hydrates and improves skin, fights aging wrinkles, soothes psoriasis and other skin issues. Improves hair texture.
- It is easily digested and soothing to the digestive tract. Avocado oil is recommended for people on special diets for digestive problems like the FODMAP and GAPS diet, or Autoimmune improving protocols.
How to Use Avocado Oil
- Great tasting oil for salad dressing.
- Avocado oil has a high smoke point of 400 degrees Fahrenheit, so it can be used with cooking at higher heat without breaking down. (Ghee is also good for high heat)
- This is a great substitute for butter or vegetable oil in baking, for stir fries and grilling meats.
- Helps dry skin, when used as a moisturizer. It penetrates better than many other oils. It can be used to remove eye makeup.
- Avocado oil is an effective sunscreen! Due to its mono-saturated fats it has a high sun protective factor.
- Avocado is helpful for healthy hair growth: It moisturizes, repairs and strengthens hair follicles. Mix avocado oil with lavender or peppermint essential oil, and apply with a gentle rub.
- Good for Oral health and gums, with potential in reversing periodontal disease.
For optimal health benefits we recommend you to use organic, extra virgin, pure, unrefined and cold pressed oil. Store the oil in a cool area.
Possible Negative Side Effects
There have been a few reported allergies to avocado oil. Anyone with a latex allergy could be sensitive.
If you are on any type of warfarin prescription drug, you may have a reaction to avocado oil.