Natureland Raw Fermented Vegetables 410g
What is It?
If your diet lacks greens and reds and yellows, our fermented Fresh Vegetable Mix may be all you need to fulfill your nutritional needs. Taste the goodness and enjoy the benefits of organic unpasteurized white cabbage, carrots, celery root, cauliflower, red bell peppers, and other healthful veggies, fermented in a jar.
- 100% Organic
- Never Pasteurized
- Fermented in the Jar
- Certified Biodynamic
What Does It Taste Like?
The exciting tastes of at least seven different vegetables, spiced up and lacto-fermented—it’s really a bonanza of flavor that is best experienced. You can call it spicy, savory, tangy, sugary, pickle-like, and refreshing.
Our non-GMO organic vegetables are we cultivated at our biodynamic farm in Hedwigenkoog – in the middle of the traditional vegetable growing area of Dithmarschen in northern Germany.
Ingredients and Production
The vegetable mix is based on non-hybrid types of vegetables including white cabbage, carrots, celery root, cauliflower, red bell peppers, radish, and leek.
The vegetables are finely cut, salted with rock salt from the Luisenhaller salt works in Göttingen and then firmly stuffed into jars. The valuable vegetable juice, the bioactive ingredients and the fresh taste are retained as the fermentation occurs in the jar and is not interrupted by pasteurization, as is usually the case with other fermented products.
Labeling and packaging are handled by a subsidiary project of "Stiftung Mensch," the largest German social foundation.
Health Benefits of Fermented Vegetable Mix
Natureland’s fermented vegetable mix is bursting with health benefits thanks to the seven wonderful veggies it contains.
- Cabbage is a particularly good source of vitamin K (84% of RDI) and vitamin C (54% of RDI). It has been found helpful in reducing inflammation, improving digestion, lowering blood pressure, improving heart health, and reducing cholesterol levels.
- Carrotscontain beta carotene, fiber, vitamin K1, potassium, and antioxidants. They have been alleged to reduce cancer risk, lower blood cholesterol, help lose weight, and improve eye health.
- Celery Rootis high in fiber and a good source of vitamins B6, C and K. It may help improve digestion, prevent heart disease and cancer, and strengthen your bones.
- Cauliflower provides antioxidants and phytonutrients that can protect against cancer. It also contains fiber to enhance weight loss and digestion, choline that is essential for learning and memory, and many other important nutrients.
- Red Bell Peppers are the healthiest type of peppers and have been associated with better eye health, improved digestion, and reduced risk of chronic conditions such as cancer and heart disease.
- Radish is a power source of fiber, vitamin C and potassium and can help protect the heart, control blood pressure, improve immunity, strengthen blood vessels, enhance skin and hair health, and regulate metabolism.
- Leeks are a good source of magnesium and vitamins A, C, and K. They are packed with antioxidants and may help reduce inflammation, improve digestion, reduce cancer and heart disease risk, enhance brain function, and lower blood sugar levels.
Lacto fermentation further enhances the health benefits of the vegetable mix by supercharging it with probiotics, more antioxidants and vitamins.
What is the Best Way to Eat Fermented Vegetable Mix?
You can eat the vegetable mix any way you like. Toss them on your salad, mix them with rice, ass them as a side serving to your barbecue and meat dishes, or just use a fork and eat straight from the jar. You can take them cold or warmed up, but like other fermented foods, avoid high temperatures above 106° F (41.1° C) to retain the antioxidant and probiotic contents.
How Much Should I Eat in a Day?
A single serving of 100 grams can fulfill most of your daily intake requirement of fiber, vitamins, antioxidants, and probiotics. These are just mixed vegetables so feel free to take your fill.